The classic chicken soup consists of a clear broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables. Examples of chicken soups in different cultures:
- Ajiaco: a chicken soup from Columbia.
- Avgolemono: chick soup with lemon and egg from Greek.
- Bajajou, a soup of Slovakian origin, is made with boiled beef intestines, chicken, egg, onion and rice.
- Bird’s nest soup: a delicacy in Chinese cuisine.
- Canja de galinha: a Portuguese soup of chicken, rice and lemon.
- Cock-a-leekie soup: leek and potato soup made with chicken stock, from Scotland.
- Phở : Vietnamese beef/chicken soup with scallions, welsh onion, cheered ginger, wild coriander, bail, cinnamon, star anise,clove and black cardamom.
- Sanocho: chicken soup with vegetables in Latin America.
- Soto: a traditional Indonesian soup made with turmeric, galangal, etc., usually contains either beef or chicken.
- Trahanas: a variation of the above soup using chicken and Halloumi cheese.
Reference: About Nissin Food, Campbell, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00334329, Wikipedia